Agriculture, Food, Natural Resources
Which pathways are offered?
- Agribusiness—This pathway prepares students to coordinate activities that contribute to the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources. This includes food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products and services.
- Animal Science—This pathway prepares students to apply knowledge of the production and processing of agricultural commodities, animal products, and agricultural and animal resources.
- Food Science—This pathway prepares students to discover new food sources, analyze food content, and develop ways to process, preserve, package, or store food according to industry and government regulations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Agricultural and Food Scientist
- Agricultural Inspector
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician
- Food Buyer
- Water Quality Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Agricultural and Food Scientist—$65,160/year
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician—$46,540/year
- Farmers and Ranchers—$71,160/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.