Business and Marketing
Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Accounting and Finance—This pathway prepares students for careers that record, classify, summarize, analyze, and communicate a business's financial information and transactions for use in management decision-making. Accounting can include bookkeeping, systems design, analysis, and interpretation of accounting information.
- Entrepreneurship and Management, Business Management Focus—This pathway prepares students to plan, organize, direct, and evaluate all or part of a business organization through the allocation and use of financial, human, and material resources.
- Entrepreneurship and Management, Entrepreneurship Focus—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a businesses and, corporations, nonprofit institutions, or other organizations. In small firms, the owner or chief executive officer may assume advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
- Marketing Management, Hospitality and Tourism— Description coming soon.
- Marketing Management, Marketing—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
- Marketing Management, Sport and Entertainment— Description coming soon.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Accountant Executive
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Manager
- Art/Graphic Director
- Benefits Specialist
- Bill and Account Collector
- Business Consultant
- Customer Service Representative
- Financial Analyst
- Human Resources Manager
- Office Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Media Buyer/Planner
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$39,850/year
- Administrative Services Manager—$96,940/year
- Benefits Specialist—$64,560/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$37,000/year
- Promotions Manager—$135,900/year
- Public Relations Manager—$116,180/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016 Edition. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.