Which pathways are offered?
- Comprehensive Health Science and Emerging Careers—This pathway prepares students for careers focused on changing the health status of the patient over time. Health professionals in this pathway work directly with patients and they may provide care, treatment, counseling, and health education information.
- Dietetics and Nutrition Science— Description coming soon.
- Health Career Specialties— Description coming soon.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Health Services Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Records Technician
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Health Services Manager—$100,980/year
- Medical Assistant—$34,800/year
- Medical Records Technician—$40,350/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016 Edition. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.