Hospitality and Human Services
Which pathways are offered?
- Human and Social Services—This pathway prepares students for careers in the management, marketing, and operations of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation events, and travel related services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Banquet Server
- Pastry and Specialty Chef
- Food Service Manager
- Restaurant Owner
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Chef and Head Cook—$51,530/year
- Food Service Manager—$55,320/year
- Hotel Manager—$54,430/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020