Which pathways are offered?
- Networking—This pathway prepares students to design, maintain, install, analyze, and manage network systems. Successful establishment and maintenance of IT infrastructure is critical for all businesses/organizations.
- PC Support/IT Technology Support—This pathway prepares students to protect internet-connected systems, including hardware, software and data, from cyberattacks. Successful establishment and maintenance of IT security is critical for all businesses/organizations.
- Programming and Software Development—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
- Computer Science—Description coming soon.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- 3D Animator
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Technician
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Producer
- Network Administrator
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$146,360/year
- Computer Support Specialist—$54,760/year
- Graphic Designer—$52,110/year
- Network Administrator—$83,510/year
- Web Developer—$73,760/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.