Education and Traininng
Which pathways are offered?
- Early Childhood—This pathway prepares students to plan, manage, and provide education and training services, and related learning support services. Early childhood is about careers that focus on children in their early, formative years through elementary school.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Child Care Center Director
- Child Care Worker
- Elementary Aide
- Early Childhood Teacher
- University Professor
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Child Care Center Director—$48,210year
- Child Care Worker—$24,230/year
- Early Childhood Teacher—$30,520/year
- Elementary School Principal—$96,400/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016 Edition. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.