Virtual Open House
Welcome to Indiana Digital Learning School's (INDLS's) virtual open house! Here you'll find a variety of resources to help you get to know us and to see if INDLS could be the best choice for your family!
- Stride K12— K12 is a Stride company. As a leader in online education, Stride K12 powers tuition-free online schools, including INDLS. Stride K12 also powers tuition-based online private schools and offers individual pre-K–12 courses for purchase.
- Class Connect—Class Connect is our term for live, online teacher-led sessions. Class Connects may be required or optional and are sometimes recorded. Watch this video to learn more.
- Learning Coach—As a parent, you or another responsible adult will act as your child's Learning Coach. In this role, you'll guide and motivate your student throughout the school year. View videos and resources about the role of a Learning Coach.
- OLS—OLS stands for Online School. You 'll manage your student’s schedule and educational progress through the OLS. Check out this Online Elementary School Tour and our Online Middle and High School Tour.
- Stride Career Prep—INDLS students in grades 6–12 can explore careers and get a jump start on their future with Stride Career Prep. In addition to completing core academic courses, students choose electives in these high-demand fields.
Watch and listen to learn more!
Why Stride K12?
Join us for an in-depth look at Stride K12 powered learning options, including public school at home. Learn about the Stride K12 curriculum, the role of Learning Coaches and teachers, and student organizations and clubs as well as other benefits of online learning. Watch this online broadcast to see how personalized education can work for anyone!
Stride K12 Information Session
How does it work?
Online teachers have a lot of similarities to teachers who work in brick-and-mortar schools (in fact, many of them have taught both ways!). Hear from a panel of Stride K12-powered teachers about how they engage with students, how they use real-time data in class, how they work with colleagues, and more.
How It Works – Online Teachers
Making the Transition
Changing schools can be a challenge for both parent and child. In this podcast, we'll introduce you to a panel of experienced parents (Learning Coaches) who chose to make the change to an online school. Hear them share a little of their story and offer tips on how to begin the change from a traditional school to an online one.
Why K12? Facts from Parents Who Know!
How to Apply to a Stride K12-Powered School
Tune in to Frequently Asked Questions Episode 1 to learn how to:
- Submit an application
- Find out if Stride K12 is available in your state
- Access and submit documents in the parent portal
- Get details on when and what materials will be shipped to you
Important Steps for Enrolled Families
Get to Know the Online School Experience
Join us for Frequently Asked Questions Episode 3 to learn what Stride K12 is like for an elementary school student, what resources are available for new parents and where to find them, and how to use the K12 app and view your student’s progress.
Learn about the six domains of kindergarten readiness and the importance of each, how children learn, kindergarten readiness checklists, how to prepare your child for kindergarten, and more!
How to Bring Kindergarten Home
A Day in the Life
Want to see virtual schooling in action? It’s easy. Using engaging videos, images, and timelines, our Day in the Life website shows an average day in the lives of a variety of Stride K12-powered students.