Virtual Open House
Welcome to Indiana Digital Learning School's (INDLS's) virtual open house! Here you'll find a variety of resources to help you get to know us and to see if INDLS could be the best choice for your family!
- K12— K12 is a Stride company. As a leader in online education, K12 powers tuition-free online schools, including INDLS. K12 also powers tuition-based online private schools and offers individual pre-K–12 courses for purchase.
- Class Connect—Class Connect is our term for live, online teacher-led sessions. Class Connects may be required or optional and are sometimes recorded. Watch this video to learn more.
- Learning Coach—As a parent, you or another responsible adult will act as your child's Learning Coach. In this role, you'll guide and motivate your student throughout the school year. View videos and resources about the role of a Learning Coach.
- OLS—OLS stands for Online School. You 'll manage your student’s schedule and educational progress through the OLS. Check out this Online Elementary School Tour and our Online Middle and High School Tour.
- Stride Career Prep—INDLS students in grades 6–12 can explore careers and get a jump start on their future with Stride Career Prep. In addition to completing core academic courses, students choose electives in these high-demand fields.
Watch and listen to learn more!
Join us for an in-depth look at K12-powered learning options, including public school at home. Learn about the K12 curriculum, the role of Learning Coaches and teachers, student organizations and clubs, and other benefits of online learning. Watch this online broadcast to see how personalized education can work for anyone!
K12 Information Session
How does it work?
Online teachers have a lot of similarities to teachers who work in brick-and-mortar schools (in fact, many of them have taught both ways!). Hear a panel of K12-powered teachers discuss how they engage with students, use real-time data in class, work with colleagues, and more.
How It Works – Online Teachers
Making the Transition
Changing schools can be a challenge for both parents and children. In this podcast, we'll introduce you to a panel of experienced parents (Learning Coaches) who chose to switch to an online school. Hear them share a little of their story and offer tips on transitioning from a traditional school to an online one.
Why K12? Facts from parents who know
How to Apply to a K12-Powered School
Tune in to Frequently Asked Questions Episode 1 to learn how to:
- Submit an application
- Find out if K12 is available in your state
- Access and submit documents in the parent portal
- Get details on when and what materials will be shipped to you
Important Steps for Enrolled Families
In this webcast, Frequently Asked Questions Episode 2, you'll learn how to:
- Set up a Learning Coach account
- Set up a student account
- Log in to the online school
Get to Know the Online School Experience
Join us for Frequently Asked Questions Episode 3 to learn what K12 is like for an elementary school student, what resources are available for new parents and where to find them, and how to use the K12 App and view your student's progress.
Learn about the six domains of kindergarten readiness and the importance of each, how children learn, kindergarten readiness checklists, how to prepare your child for kindergarten, and more!
How to Bring Kindergarten Home
Discover how a customized education experience, mastery-based coursework, and state-certified teachers can help your student reach their full potential!
10 Ways to Support a Child Who Is Being Bullied
Tune in to learn the differences between teasing, conflict, and bullying, and how parents can diffuse and prevent each situation.
A Day in the Life
Want to see virtual schooling in action? It’s easy. Using engaging videos, images, and timelines, our Day in the Life website shows an average day in the lives of a variety of K12-powered students.
Sample a Lesson
A great way to understand what to expect from our curriculum is to check out a sample lesson.